Episode 130: When You Want To Do Too Many Things with Dana & NJ
When you want to do too many things. In this episode, Dana and NJ share their methods to dealing with #allthethings, and how they handle new business creation and suggestions on structuring your day and week. This show is sponsored by Holl and Lane Magazine.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Dana and NJ’s suggestions when she has new business ideas.
- Make a Venn diagram to create a focus when you have too many ideas of the combination of the following three things:
- Do what you love.
- What you are good at.
- Do what makes you money.
- Building a business without a big budget.
- Dana and NJ share how they manage their daily to-do list.
- Theming your day and batching.
- Why shiny object syndrome is a thing.
- Feeling fulfilled by getting tasks accomplished.
Our Sponsor: Holl and Lane Magazine
Holl and Lane Magazine is more than a magazine. They are starting a movement for more honest media. Life isn’t always perfect, and they’re okay with that. They’re focused on providing stories from real women about real life – the triumphs and the hardships. They want to let you know that you have a voice and a story. The mission behind their magazine is simple: each time you open up and share your story, you help someone feel less alone.
The magazine is published bimonthly. To get the discount to order issue 10, use the code bossmom at the Holl and Lane Store.
To order a yearly subscription, use the code BossMomSubscribe at Holl and Lane Magazine Subscriptions.
Recommended links and resources:
- Myers-Briggs Personality test
- Boss Mom Podcast Episode 121: How to Break Up with Clients that Don’t Fit with Dana and NJ
- Samantha Johnston
- Beyoutifully Bold Podcast
- The Grinder
- Kelsey Van Kirk
- Dawn Marrs – Marrs Marketing
- Boss Mom Podcast Episode 51: Nurture Your Business: The Art of the Purposeful Checklist with Dana
- Boss Mom Daily Action Planner
- This was Us
- I want to Break Free by Queen
- I Heart Your Face mugs
- Lilah Higgins – The Higgins Creative
- Boss Mom Academy
- Boss Mom fitting call
- Boss Mom Facebook group
- Boss Mom Retreat Facilitators List
Can I quote you on that?
- I have to ask what do I love the most and where can I generate the most revenue. – NJ
- The more you get into the space for what you’re really good at, the better off you’ll be. – Dana
- I have to stay focused, stay in my own lane and build the foundation of what I’m working on. – NJ
- You want to tell people about who you care about. Getting people to love you is a good business strategy. – Dana
- The calendar helps me define what I can do in one day. – Dana
- I have to ask myself what the most important things are in my day. That’s what I focus on for that day. – NJ
- There are a lot of demands on our day as women, moms and entrepreneurs. – Dana
- I cannot give from an empty well. I can’t give if I don’t take time and rest. – NJ
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.