Episode 356: Nurture Your Business: How to Brainstorm Your Opt-in
Opt-ins have become very popular because they are a way for entrepreneurs to grow their email list and for consumers to get access to bits of free content. What are the two key things we should know before we do an opt-in? Where should our opt-in journey start?
On this episode, I share a step-by-step roadmap for developing really good opt-ins, and outline some ideas to get you started.
When it’s in writing, people don’t read it in your tone. They read it in their tone, and their tone has baggage. -Dana Malstaff
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Opt-ins aren’t just random pieces of content— they represent relationships and opportunities.
- Start with the thing you’re actually selling. What is the final commit?
- Ask yourself what people need to believe in order to make a decision and buy your product.
- The best opt-in is something people can infuse into their daily habits and carry with them every day.
Getting someone’s email is like a first date: we have to make a great impression and present ourselves well. Our opt-ins are something we should be taking seriously. At the same time, we shouldn’t take too long to put them out. You’d rather see the response and make changes, or leverage what’s working, than to wait to make the right opt-in. We have to put the opt-in within a bigger context, which is the product we want them to buy from us. It’s also critical that we’re clear on what they need to believe, and find a way for our opt-in to become infused in their daily lives and give them a quick win.
Gusto is the best payroll system for your small business. If you have contractors or employees, Gusto can help you with 1099 forms, payroll and much more! Find out why 60,000+ companies have chosen Gusto. And yes, that Virtual Assistant, designer, project manager, and business coach all count when it comes to handing out 1099’s so don’t try to do it all yourself, let Gusto help. Sign up today and start your FREE 3-month trial!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.