Episode 313: Nurture Your Business: I Don’t Need Your Momentum, I Just Need Your Control
A lot of business owners do too much too fast because they are terrified of losing momentum. Why is control more important than momentum? What do successful businesses do to grow steadily? Why is it so crucial for us to slow down?
On this episode, I talk about a powerful lesson learned from a Pilates class.
Strengthening your business core allows the rest of your business to work the way it should with less stress. – Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- You don’t need grandiose movements or to catch momentum for steady growth to take place.
- Sometimes doing too much and creating too much doesn’t results in distraction rather than growth.
- When you hear something that feels profound, take a moment to think about how that applies to other things in your life.
The businesses that are truly successful have good systems, absolute clarity, and say “no” to things that don’t serve their finite purpose. You don’t want your rolling snowball to end up with rocks and dirt– you want it to have more snow. Having control means having a concise free-to-paid journey and only creating content that feeds your funnel.
Referenced in the Show
Previous episodes I recommended:
- Free to Paid Journey: https://boss-mom.com/episode-293-create-free-paid-journey/
- Feeding Your Funnel: https://boss-mom.com/episode-301-nurture-you-business-creating-opt-ins-that-convert/
Want help figuring out your next steps in business? Schedule a free 15 minute Fitting Call Now! www.boss-mom.com/fitting (limited spots available)
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.