How to step out and speak in public with Carrie Sharpe. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Carrie and Dana talk about communication and public speaking to benefit your business. This podcast is sponsored by Home Made Luxe.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Carrie’s Boss Mom journey, raising five kids and working at home with her husband.
- How she got started with speaking.
- Her coaching and consulting practice.
- Advice on how to prepare and share your story.
- Giving your talk in the shower then rehearse on video.
- Speaking at events and ways that you can speak without traveling.
- How Carrie keeps recovers from over whelm.
Show Sponsor: Home Made Luxe
All moms need Mommy Alone Time in their lives so Keitha started Home Made Luxe a DIY Home Decor subscription box. Every month, Keitha from Home Made Luxe sends ladies (and some crafty gents) around the country a gorgeous, Pinterest-inspired home decor project. The best part is that ladies get to walk around their homes and see their beautiful, custom pieces and think about the next mommy alone time moment!
For the special Boss Mom discount of 10% off your first box, use the code BossMom.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Homeschooling our kids and running our business from home is a lot of time management. – Carrie
- I love helping my clients work through their communication challenges. – Carrie
- Fear is what keeps people from public speaking. – Carrie
- Every story matters. – Carrie
- You want to have what you’re saying be natural. Rehearsing will help you in this process. – Carrie
More about our guest, Carrie Sharpe.
Carrie Sharpe is a Communication Consultant and Speaker. She and her husband, Ryan, have five children whom Carrie homeschools. Carrie earned her degree in Political Science and Psychology. She is a Huffington Post Contributor and has spoken across the United States and Canada about marriage, relationships, and communication skills.
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.