Episode 385: Nurture Your Business: How Boss Mom Makes Money
Many women business owners feel uncomfortable charging their clients for their services. This is particularly true for entrepreneurs whose businesses aspire to empower the client. How can you stop feeling that way and start making more money? How have other empowerment-based businesses generated profits? On this episode, I explain how Boss Mom makes money, and how your business can, too!
Build your brand. Being known for something helps you make money. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- It’s perfectly normal to charge people to access your services. You’re not doing anything wrong by wanting to make a profit.
- By pursuing your gifts and talents, you’ll get through your work more efficiently and be able to free up time to focus on your passions in your spare time.
- It’s easier to charge people for your services when they know who you are. Having an established brand and being known for something helps you make money.
Creating online courses is a great way to make money. However, while you’re aiming to offer a service to a wide range of people, never question your right to make money in the process. The main goal is to not offer so many things that you are stretched thin, and you can’t become the expert in one space and really scale that one product. Keep your number of products streamlined. You own a business, and you should get to see the benefits.
Welcome To Your New Business Support System
A place where you get decision support, training, and community when you need it most.
Introducing the Boss Mom Vault Membership site.
This is the membership site that will help you build a stronger business, get more clients, and grow your brand.
Try it out for 7 days for just a $1
Then pay $97 a month with no commitment or risk.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.