Episode 323: Nurture Your Business: Understanding Your Ideal Client Scale
When you get into business, you’re often told that you need to know your ideal client avatar. However, when you focus on one specific group, there’s so much you miss. Why is it so important to have a scale of your ideal clients? How can knowing your scale help you craft your marketing?
On this episode, I talk about the 5 stages of understanding your ideal client and the journey you want to take them on.
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- You don’t necessarily have to market to the ideal client because those people are going to find you.
- A person can show characteristics of needing you, but might lack the mindset, financial resources, and time resources to hire you.
- The majority of your marketing effort should go towards the people who are one step from saying yes to you.
Your ideal client scale is massively important. It is the cornerstone of understanding who you’re going after, where to get them, and whether they’re even the right fit for you. You’re going to have people who look like a good fit but don’t actually have the resources to work with you. Then there are those who are only one step away from working with you, and they are the perfect target. Have clients who are working with you but are becoming independent. Remember that it’s okay for some clients to outgrow you, as they can become excellent referral partners.
If you want to learn more about how to give your business a growth spurt then join me for a FREE LIVE TRAINING at www.boss-mom.com/training and check out our other free resources at www.boss-mom.com/goodies
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.