Episode 21: Outsourcing and Falling In Love With Your Business with Leah Remillet [PODCAST]
In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast Dana sits down with Leah Remillet, a success strategist for creative entrepreneurs. Curious as to what that means? Simply put, she teaches creative business owners how to strategically build strategies and implement systems to accomplish their specific goals and dreams. She teaches women how to be six figure, stay at home, mommy-preneurs, who can live the life they’ve imagined!
This episode is full of gems, including chatting about getting through the cycle of overwhelm, doing more in less time and why we should all celebrate when we go through a re-brand. Let’s dive right in.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Leah works through overwhelm without letting it take her over.
- Why we shouldn’t feel guilty about outsourcing portions of our business and life.
- How building a business is a lot like falling in love.
- How Leah makes time to read a book a week.
- The ONE book Leah thinks every entrepreneur should read.
- The importance of tribes, coaches, and mastermind groups.
- Why Leah is mapping out her entire year.
- The lesson Leah learned by living on a boat.
- Why we should celebrate when we rebrand.
Recommended links and resources:
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Feriss
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Chasing Dreams and Chasing Littles Incubator
- Quarterly Planners from Inkwell Press
- Sign up for Leah’s Mom-Tog Webinar
Can I quote you on that?
- I always knew I was meant to be an entrepreneur. I watched my parents love their business. – Leah
- My goal from the beginning was to maximize my profits and minimize my output so I could live my bliss. -Leah
- Sometimes the only way to get past overwhelm is to dive in. – Leah
- Outsourcing tasks has made me feel liberated. – Leah
- Once I started building a team and outsourcing, I realized I had more time to focus on what was important. – Leah
- Required reading for entrepreneurs: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- 3 things every successful Boss Mom needs: a coach, a mastermind group, and a community to connect with. -Dana
- I’m anti-competition. There is a place for everyone. – Leah
- Outsourcing help wasn’t as scary or hard as I thought it was going to be. -Leah
- It’s not just about planning. It’s about implementing. – Leah
- I’m no longer trying to everything. Instead, I’m paring down and focusing on what I want to be known for. -Leah
- Life is so much more fun when we take time to recognize what makes us happy and put more of that into our lives. – Leah
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.