How to Write a Book & Be a Step-Mom (not in that order) with Liz Thompson. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Liz shares about her blended family, her important life lessons and book editing. This episode is sponsored by Skillshare.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Liz’s story of how she became a mom of one and a step-mom of four.
- How she transitioned from corporate America to entrepreneurship.
- Her journey into book editing and how her style is different than many other editors.
- Finding herself again through creating her business and finding peace through that.
- Liz’s life in Mexico as a missionary kid.
- Why education is important to Liz and how she uses it in her business.
- Advice for writing a book and how to use an editor.
- It’s better to focus on writing first, than editing. The brain can’t do both at the same time.
Ready to learn from Dana and Liz? Their classes are on Skillshare. Liz’s course is Slaying the Enemies of Good Writing. Dana has multiple courses on Skillshare.
Join Skillshare now and get three months for $.99. Affiliate link.
Recommended links and resources:
*affiliate links may be present.
Can I quote you on that?
- If I didn’t get divorced, I knew I’d focus more on my unhappiness than anything else. – Liz
- Set a designated time and space for writing your book. – Liz
More about our guest, Liz Thompson.
Liz Thompson is the founder and editor at House Style Editing, where she helps writers find and refine their voice so they can share their stories with the world. Whether it is fiction, non-fiction, or a cookbook, Liz can help bring your words to life.
When she is not editing, Liz is home in San Antonio, Texas with her husband and blended family of 5 kids–either cooking, doing laundry, or wishing she was editing.
Website / Facebook / Instagram
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.