Episode 15: How Lou Mongello Left His Law Practice and Started Publishing Books About Disneyland
Building a business isn’t always about the money. It’s about having the freedom to do what we love, surround ourselves with people we actually like, and spend more time with our families. How can we teach our children that their passions aren’t something they should only do in their free time? Why is accountability so important when we get started? How can we increase our income by teaching others to reach the same level of success we have?
In this episode Lou Mongello talks about how he left his law practice and followed his passion to write about Disneyland.
We become magnets for the kind of people we want to attract. – Lou Mongello
Things We Learned From This Episode
- What we love to do can become financially viable (11:15- 12:15)
Many of us were raised with the notion that we should get an education, graduate, get a job, and do what we love only after finishing work. That’s if we have any time left for the things we love. But by building our businesses, we teach our children that we can take what we love and turn it into what we do for a living.
- Building a business gives us the freedom to choose who we surround ourselves with (12:30-14:00)
Choosing to work on our passion leads to having better control over who we surround ourselves with. The people around us can either give us wings or deplete our energy. The difference between the two is important.
- There are many people out there who want to find out how we did it (18:00-19:40)
One of the most valuable things we as entrepreneurs can do is share our knowledge with others. Not only because it’s a win-win situation for us as coaches and for our students, but also because building a business can be a lonely journey.
The best way to start our own business journey is to have someone who keeps us accountable. As parents, it’s easy to fall into the trap of having too many things to do, and when we do have to start working on our business, we get anxious because of the massive amount of work that needs to get done. However, there is a remedy for this: experimenting with a realistic schedule. We should find out what we can and can’t do within a day, and celebrate each win.
Lou Mongello is a speaker, coach, author, entrepreneur, podcaster, and Disney expert. He’s been featured in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Boston.com, VentureBeat, and many other media outlets. He also helps other business owners follow their passions and turn their what they love into what they do for a living with his branding business. You can find more about Lou here.
- Strengthen your marriage — How can you juggle all the activities of a family and still find time for deep connection, love and intimacy?
- Master your emotions — How can you keep your cool, minimize anger and lead with confidence?
- Find balance — How can you succeed in business and at home?
- Attain optimal health — Raising kids takes massive energy, so what are the strategies for creating peak physical, emotional and spiritual health?
- Communicate effectively — How do you know when to listen and when to speak up and lead?
If you’re ready to level up your dad game, let’s get right to it: https://frontrowdads.com/start-here/
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.