Making Sure You’re Setting Up Your Business the Right Way with Nellie Akalp. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Nellie shares her passion and knowledge for helping entrepreneurs set up their business legally and with success.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Nellie’s boss mom journey.
- Her advice for starting a business in setting up a business legally.
- Things to consider when deciding what type of structure and legal filing status for business.
- Protecting business assets.
- What to do when someone steals your property.
- Effective delegation and how to do it well.
- How Nellie handles overwhelm.
- Preparing mentally for launches.
- How Nellie handles work and home like a football team.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Take it on as it comes, carve out time for your family and be present. – Nellie
- Putting out more hours in your work doesn’t always help, quality time is what makes a difference. – Nellie
- You need a support system to help you not feel alone. – Dana
- You can become a CEO as a mom, it is possible. – Nellie
- When I delegate, more gets done and with more quality than if I did it myself. – Nellie
- When you plan ahead and organize, it helps keep me from overwhelm. – Nellie
- During a launch, everyone on the team needs to be on their A game. – Nellie
- I want my kids to learn that you are privileged, but I want them to learn how to work hard as well. – Nellie
More about our guest, Nellie Akalp.
Nellie Akalp is a serial entrepreneur, small business advocate, speaker and author. Through the various “Do-It-Yourself” and “Business-Startup” services she has founded since 1997, she has formed over 200,000 corporations and LLCs for small business owners.
Her last company was acquired by Intuit in 2005. Today, she and her husband, Phil, operate CorpNet.com where they help entrepreneurs start a business, Incorporate, Form an LLC, set up Sole Proprietorships (DBAs) and maintain a business in compliance with state filing requirements for a new or existing business. If you mention this episode, you get a free consultation.
Nellie shares her expert tips with readers at Forbes, Entrepreneur and Mashable and is a regular guest expert on the Fox Small Business Center. She was named a Top 100 Small Business Influencer in 2012, 2013, and 2014 by Small Business Trends. Nellie has presented a workshop at Small Biz Expo and sat down with members of Girls in Tech, General Assembly and more to inspire and motivate others to make their business dreams a reality.
Website / Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
Connect with Dana: Instagram / The Boss Mom Facebook community (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.