Boss Mom of the Week: Rebecca Gregerson
Rebecca Gregerson has a creative, entrepreneurial spirit through and through. She spent much of her career as an independent art consultant, curating art collections for high end hotels and resorts worldwide. During a career break with her small children, she couldn’t resist the urge to bring some of her ideas to life. She created an app called My Proxy Fox, which helps manage things at home when you can’t be there. Shes also in the planning stages of on an epic organizational resource for parents. Her creative outlet is still centered in art and decor, which she now does on a more personal level through her business Pieces. She’s one busy mama all week long so she just loves to chill at home on a Friday night with her husband, children, doggie, kitty and a nice glass of red wine! The things that make her happy outside of work and family are making soup, running, yoga, Beach days, Decorating and redecorating every room in the house
Tell us a little bit about your family and your Boss Mom journey.
Married for 15 years this July to my soulmate, Bruce, and mama to the cutest little wishes come true..Quincy (7) and Celia (2.5). I’ve had an entrepreneurial mindset for as long as i can remember. My career as an independent art consultant lasted for nearly 20 years.. designing art collections for high end hotels and resorts. When Quincy came along, I had everything dialed in perfectly to work 2.5 days per week and spend the rest of the time with him. The industry changed quite a bit over that time. Having become disenchanted with the business as it was, I decided to take some time off and contemplate my next move…which I knew would require something both rewarding and flexible. The ideas were always there for me, but the timing was finally right to start listening and acting.
What are some of your favorite go to meals when time is tight and dinner MUST get on the table?
We eat a lot of lentils, burritos and soup (i love making soup)
Where do you go for inspiration?
Artist Instagram feeds that i love, a list of quotes I’ve been saving for years, my children.
What are you reading or listening to?
- You are a badass by Jen Sincero,
- Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want by Linda Babcock
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Carolyn Miss
The Boss Mom podcast is truly my favorite. I also like BeYOUtifully Bold In Business, I wish I had more time for others!
What is one piece of business advice that you’d give to a mom just starting out?
Revisit your goals often. Its so easy to get enamored by ideas and opportunities, but they can easily lead us down a path that may not align with our current goals.
What are some of your favorite quotes or words to live by?
i am a huge sucker for inspirational quotes and have been saving them for years 🙂
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face…You must do the thing you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We must overcome the notion that we must be regular… it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre.” Uta Hagen
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” Albert Schweitzer
In one word, sum up your life as a Boss Mom. Spirited
What are three core values of your business and how do those values relate to your motherhood?
Details matter, be prepared to receive all that life has to offer, embrace change. These all relate to business and motherhood because both aspects of life contain so much fluidity!
Connect with Rebecca!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.