Episode 155: Social Media Smorgasbord – Dana & NJ
Social Media Smorgasbord – Dana & NJ. In this episode, Dana and NJ go deep into the basics of social media, what platforms to live on and tools they use for scheduling posts. This episode is sponsored by Pierce Social.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Facebook from a business angle.
- If This Than That recipe.
- Tools that you can use to schedule.
- API access and what it is.
- How to decide what social media platforms to be on.
- Algorithms changes and how it’s changing what we see on social media.
- Getting people on your list and why it’s important.
- The Boss Mom Facebook group.
- Hashtags defined by Dana.
Our Podcast Sponsor: Pierce Social
Is social media management a huge time suck for you? Pierce Social’s free 5 Day Challenge is designed to help you reduce the time spent on your social media marketing tasks & create a system for managing it. This challenge includes a free Trello board. Get her free challenge NOW!
Pierce Social is also sharing the love and offering the Boss Mom listeners a 40% discount on her NEW workbook through February 10th. They can use the discount code BOSSMOM.
Recommended links and resources:
*Affiliate links present
- Meet Edgar
- SmarterQueue (tool NJ couldn’t remember)
- Boss Mom Pinterest boards
- Heather Crabtree
- NJ’s email address email@example.com
- Danielle’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gracious Gift Wine
- Trello Training
- Boss Mom Academy
- Boss Mom Facebook group
Can I quote you on that?
- You don’t have to be on every single platform. – NJ
- Social media platforms are business. – Dana
- Think about posting pins as a Google search. – NJ
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.