How to Thrive as a Boss Mom This Holiday Season
The holidays are a great time, but also a challenging one for Boss Moms. We want to put our families first and enjoy this time with them, but we also want our businesses to finish the year strong and start planning for next year. This is a difficult balancing act, and one that can lead to stress, worry, and guilt. How can we make sure we thrive at this time of the year? How do we avoid overextending ourselves with obligations and demands? In this episode, we talk about how we can balance all of our priorities over the holidays and actually thrive through it all.
The holidays should be full of cheer, but for a lot of Boss Moms it’s downright stressful.. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Be okay with the fact that this time of year is a roller coaster of emotions because so much is going on.
- Don’t feel obligated to do everything this season. To thrive, think about what you can cut and change socially to reduce stress, and how to be minimally profitable without working in our businesses the whole time.
- Recognize what fills you up and what depletes you, and limit what depletes you. We can also surround the things we don’t enjoy, with things we do enjoy.
- Seek an appreciation loop and lean on the people and community for support.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.