How to Create a Small Course that Sells Big
If we want to take our businesses to the next level and create sustainable success, selling online courses is vital. What content should we be offering? How can we get our mailing lists interested in the courses, and how could we use the courses themselves to sell our other products? On this episode, I’m sharing how to create a small course that sells big.
Leverage your knowledge and particular way of doing things into something you can sell: an online course. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Courses need to be a part of your business plan. The course can be on anything, from business processes to how to make a candy apple. The important thing is, you’re teaching your audience something.
- Small courses are a great way to make money while promoting your products. In 30 minutes or less, you’re adding value to the client while making money on the course itself and potentially making more sales of congruent products.
- To get a small course to sell, offer your mailing list small tidbits of content congruent with the course content.
We should never depend solely on our websites to make sales. We need to be sharing our products as much as we can, through as many platforms as possible. Building a small course is an effective platform to promote our businesses, all while making money in the process. Give your clients something of value at every turn, and you’ll sell big.
Join the free pop-up group and let’s figure out the exact course that you will be excited to create your audience needs, and that will actually convert.
Get access at www.boss-mom.com/map
We will be using Amy Porterfield’s Course Creation Kickstarter Kit as a guide. It’s going to be epic so make sure to join.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.