Episode 391: Nurture Your Business: 6 Reasons Why You Should Love Facebook
Some business owners are critical of Facebook for having bad intentions, but if you look at it carefully, Facebook actually wants everyone to succeed. How does Facebook’s transparency work in our favor? What targeting tools does Facebook have that makes marketing easier for us? How do Facebook groups help us with engagement? In this episode, I explain why I love Facebook and how authenticity and community are key to building success on Facebook.
Facebook has been so exponentially important and instrumental not just in my business, but in my life. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- We may think that the transparency of Facebook works against us as businesses. However, if we run good, authentic, caring businesses, our audience sees it. Facebook rewards this, and it works in our favor.
- When family and friends engage with our Facebook posts, it limits our ability to be visible to our target audience as similar profiles are targeted for further engagement. We need to engage with the right people in the right way.
- Facebook groups work better as platforms for engagement. Group members can post and start conversations which also relieves the responsibility of the business as the only contributor.
Facebook has changed the way we communicate with each other by allowing us to identify who we are and what we care about, as well as by finding other people who love and care about those same things. By running an authentic and caring business, and targeting and engaging with the right people, we can create a community on Facebook that helps our business be visible and successful.
Welcome To Your New Business Support System
A place where you get decision support, training, and community when you need it most.
Introducing the Boss Mom Vault Membership site.
This is the membership site that will help you build a stronger business, get more clients, and grow your brand.
Try it out for 7 days for just a $1
Then pay $97 a month with no commitment or risk.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.