Episode 333: Nurture Your Business: Three Ways to Turn Podcasting into Speaking Engagements w/Matt Johnson
Podcasting is a great way to build a relationship with your audience by giving them something more than a blog post to connect with. How can you use podcasting as an authority builder, and why should you be more than just an interviewer? How can feedback on your podcast help you in other ways?
In this episode, the CEO of Pursuing Results, Matt Johnson, speaks all about podcasting and why you should start one too!
A podcast can be a marketing machine that helps you gain clients and grow your authority. Every entrepreneur should have one. -Matt Johnson
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Podcasting is a great authority builder if you know how to use credibility by association. Don’t just be the interviewer. When you have heavy hitters on your podcast, engage in conversations with them instead of just asking questions.
- Putting out a podcast that gets ignored is not failure; it’s feedback. When you know what your audience doesn’t respond to, you avoid making even more costly mistakes, such as putting together a course without having any feedback ahead of time.
- Social proof is another credibility builder, so make sure you help the guests promote the podcast episode on their social media accounts as well. This will also help you receive more exposure and get invited to speaking events.
You don’t have to have a million downloads to have a six-figure business. You can dominate a category in the minds of your audience. Focus your marketing efforts and build your business on that. Additionally, the relationships you build with your guests will serve as another opportunity to grow.
Don’t forget that Matt has a free training on how to Pitch Yourself. You can get it for free at. www.pursuingresults.com/pitch
Matt Johnson is a marketer, entrepreneur, musician. As founder of Pursuing Results, a podcast PR & production agency based in San Diego, Matt runs a worldwide virtual team helping business coaches and agencies break in and dominate new markets through podcasting.
Matt currently hosts and co-hosts niche business shows such as The YouX Podcast, Real Estate Uncensored, The Team Building Podcast, and Level Up. He also speaks to experts and entrepreneurs on how to turn a rockstar business into a YouX Machine. He is a featured podcast guest and speaks to audiences around the US, Canada and Australia.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.