Episode 268: How to Leverage Your Creativity for Your Business with Kerstin Pressler
Learning the business skills necessary to make a living doing what you love as an artist can be a real challenge, but today’s guest is turning the “starving artist” myth on its head and sharing how she has done just that.
Kerstin Pressler is a fine artist, living a creative life for nearly a decade, and a mentor to visual creatives that strive to live their creative passion without suffering financially.
She is a role model to visual creatives that seek to combine their creative passion with entrepreneurialism, and when she’s not working on one of her artworks or taking care of her amazing creative clients, she’s out and about exploring nature with her son and husband.
In this episode we are going to talk about how to take your creativity and talents and actually turn them into a legitimate business, so if you’re having a hard time infusing your passion into your business logistically, this one will be a must-listen!
In This Episode You'll Hear
- How Kerstin turned her art school background and talents into a successful art and education business
- The “myth” of the starving artist
- How rituals can help you learn to trigger your creativity
- Why artists need to learn business skills and adopt a business mindset if they want to be successful at making a living doing what they love
- The importance of finding clarity when starting your creative business
At Boss Mom we thought instead of celebrating Black Friday, like most people, we would start our own celebration and call it “Purple Tuesday” (because, in case you couldn’t tell, we like the color purple around here!) To honor you and celebrate our first Purple Tuesday with a bang, we are thrilled to announce that the brand new Boss Mom Vault is OPEN for enrollment, and for today only you can get in for just $27/month (it goes up to $47/month tomorrow!) The Boss Mom Vault is a monthly membership program designed to give busy boss moms like you the tools you need to run your business with less stress and more ease (while saving time and making more money!) It’s filled with all kinds of awesome resources and training on topics like how to map your time effectively, how to automate and systemize your business, how to track your financials efficiently, and you’ll even get our Boss Mom Trello template boards to steal and use! Just visit boss-mom.com/purpletuesday before midnight tonight to receive immediate access to all the resources already pre-loaded into the vault, and we will continue adding brand new resources every single month.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.