Episode 133: Fear is Boring, this is what’s better with Dana & NJ
In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Dana and NJ talk about fear, overcoming it and what is better. This show is sponsored by Holl and Lane Magazine.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why NJ’s dad will never be on Facebook.
- NJ’s Fear of Success and how she’s dealing with it.
- Why we need to move beyond the words.
- How NJ operates her workflow when her kids are sick.
- Dana’s mindset when someone asks for a refund.
- Dana’s business fear.
- Motherhood fears.
- How to build margin into deadlines.
- The magic of the sanitary cycle of a washing machine.
Our Sponsor: Holl and Lane Magazine
Holl and Lane Magazine is more than a magazine. They are starting a movement for more honest media. Life isn’t always perfect, and they’re okay with that. They’re focused on providing stories from real women about real life – the triumphs and the hardships. They want to let you know that you have a voice and a story. The mission behind their magazine is simple: each time you open up and share your story, you help someone feel less alone.
The magazine is published bimonthly. To get the discount to order issue 10, use the code bossmom at the Holl and Lane Store.
To order a yearly subscription, use the code BossMomSubscribe at Holl and Lane Magazine Subscriptions.
Recommended links and resources:
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Movies: Bad Moms, Me Before You
- Fast Company Article
- Boss Mom Struggle Bus episode
- Boss Mom Academy
- Boss Mom fitting call
- Boss Mom Facebook group
- Boss Mom Retreat Facilitators List
Can I quote you on that?
- Fear paralyzes me sometimes. NJ
- Everyone knows I’m awesome, that’s not a question. NJ
- I’m afraid of success. I’m owning it. I’ll work through it. NJ
- Get past your fear and list out true tangible things about why you can help people. Dana
- Your mind is what people pay for. Knowledge and information is one thing, but how you spin that knowledge is where the money is. Dana
- When we binge on really good info and get an AHA! moment, it’s a really good thing. Dana
- Fear keeps us from communicating well. But if we communicate, we can help that fear go away. Dana
- Get past your fear and take the leap. Magical things will happen. Dana
- Growth is scare and fear producing, but it has to happen if you want to move forward.
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.