How to Build a Thriving Business & Family at the Same Time with Pat Flynn. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Pat gives wisdom on how to create boundaries with family and business, and creating content that reaches your target audience. Sponsorship for this episode is the Boss Mom Retreat, January 27-28, 2017.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How raising a business is like raising a child.
- Pat’s boss dad journey from being laid off from his job to making money on through entrepreneurship.
- Building boundaries between business and family.
- Balancing family and business.
- How Pat prepares his kids for business trips.
- Building a niche in business.
- Pat’s book Will it Fly.
- How Pat handles stress and overwhelm.
The Boss Mom Retreat is in San Diego, California on January 27-28, 2017. This event is like not just an event. It’s a place to work on your business, create new relationships, and foster new collaborations. This is a space where we will provide training on topics you choose to help grow your business and give you space and guidance to move your business forward while at the event. The 2 day event is going to be epic, and we want you there!
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- For me, it’s all about being honest, transparent and being myself in my business. – Pat
- When I built the boundaries around my business, I was able to focus on my work, or my family. – Pat
- It’s all about being proactive and knowing what’s coming, you’ll go a lot further. – Pat
- I want my kids to know that what I do is something that will change the world. – Pat
- Sometimes you have to jump in and be helpful, useful and logical to build bridges to help others. – Dana
- I’m very conscious about the mistakes I’ve made and learning from them. – Pat
- If I’m not a little scared of a project, it’s probably not big enough. – Pat
- Everything should be about a problem in your community that you can solve. – Pat
- I focus on what the next step is that I’m working on for where I want to be so I don’t get overwhelmed by all the information out there. – Pat
- When you say yes to something, you are saying no to something else. – Pat
- When you are writing something for everyone, you are writing for no one. – Pat
More about our guest, Pat Flynn.
Pat Flynn is the founder of SmartPassiveIncome.com (SPI) and the author of the best-selling book Will It Fly. His family is the primary motivation for everything that he does, and you’ll hear him mention them often throughout the SPI site. His wife, April, and two kids, as well as their dog, Gizmo play an integral part in how he prioritizes his business growth. He says that “The best part about my job is that it allows me to plan my day around my family, not around my business.”
We love how Pat how he approaches his business…
When I started Smart Passive Income back in 2008, my goal was simple: share the strategies that have helped me grow my online business. Since that time, it has become remarkably easy to find advice on internet marketing and starting an online business—but what has gotten harder is finding ethical advice that has been properly tested.
My belief in helping you learn is simple: Share the truth, be honest, work hard, and lead by example. That’s what I’m all about, and that’s what SPI is all about.
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.