Wake to Make with Lilah Higgins. Lilah breathes life into a movement called Wake to Make, which brings together head, heart and hands of every Maker. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, she shares her passion to see every person make something through her movement. She is passionate about the design work she does while loving on her two toddlers at home.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Lilah’s Boss Mom journey, which includes her Wake to Make movement idea and visions for the future.
- Dana and Lilah talk about phases of business that relate to motherhood.
- Community and collaboration, which is vital to growing a business.
- Getting through days of overwhelm and what that looks like for Lilah.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- There’s this mentality that you can’t make your hobby into a business, but you can! – Lilah
- We believe everyone is called to create in some way. – Lilah
- I have built a life that is purposeful for me. – Dana
- The Boss Mom Academy collaboration has been pivotal in my business. – Lilah
- It’s so fun to see the focus on community grow, because we need that support. – Dana
- Everyone is a maker and it is important to find that inside yourself. – Dana
More about our guest, Lilah Higgens.
Lilah Higgins is a branding designer based in Cody, Wyoming at the foot of Yellowstone National Park. When she’s not chasing around her toddlers like a crazy woman or spending time with her techie husband, she is working alongside amazing Makers by providing them with logos, branding, and design consultation. She creates at The Higgins Creative and loves coffee, filling her home with beautiful people and sharing the stories of Makers through handmade and fairly traded goods. She’s also the founder of the #waketomake hashtag on Instagram.
Website / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Snapchat / Twitter
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.