Throwback Thursday – Episode 370: Nurture Your Business: How to Figure Out What Problem You Solve
For this week, the team and I decided to do a Throwback Thursday, dedicated to an episode that we find important and informative!
Here is “Episode 370: NYB – How to Figure Out What Problem You Solve.”
As human beings, we all want validation. For entrepreneurs, no validation is as great as knowing there’s a demand for the problem we solve. Why is it so important to be clear on what we want to be known for? How can we drill down to that problem and turn it into something we can sell or share with clients? On this episode, I talk about some strategies you can implement to define your service and package.
You have to fall in love with the problem you solve, not the thing you sell. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Rushing makes you slower. You’ll spend more time putting out fires from mistakes, you won’t give strategies enough time to grow legs, and you might end up relaunching.
- If your name isn’t associated with what you should be known for, you’re facing an uphill battle.
- Think about what you want people to know from you and how you can bottle it into an educational package you can sell.
Businesses and brands that stand the test of time and make money, in the long run, are built on solving one key problem and really honing in on it. It’s important for us to work towards what we want people to know us for. We must also know the key intellectual property we have that solves a problem for our clients. You don’t have to know what it is right this second, but you can start getting clarity by thinking of what you’re constantly teaching, doing, or creating that could be packaged into a course. That will improve your messaging because you can start talking about the problem so you’re not just creating content without a purpose.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.