NEW---Boss-Mom-NYB-template-(1)

The 80/20 Rule That Will Change How You Run Your Business

Most people spend more time creating content than marketing it, but we can’t build awareness or sell anything through content that’s not reaching our audience. How much time should we spend on creating new content? What percentage of our time should be focused on marketing on that content? How can we market our content effectively? In this episode, we discuss content management and marketing to build brand awareness and authority for business success.

80% percent of your results come from 20% of your efforts, and good, smart entrepreneurs see that 20% and leverage it. -Dana Malstaff

 

3 Things We Learned From This Episode

  • We should be spending 20% of our time creating content that truly drives loyalty, excitement, clout, engagement to us and our brand. The other 80% of the time should be spent marketing that content.
  • Most people spend 80% creating new content and only 20% marketing that content. If we spend most of our time creating content rather than marketing it, we won’t have enough time to make sure people see, engage and opt in to that content.
  • In order to market our content effectively, we need to have a good content strategy. When we build our content strategy around the core pieces of content we create, we can better leverage the marketing for that content.

We tend to feel like we’re doing things the wrong way when we’re having difficulty nurturing people to buy from us, but most of the time it’s because people don’t know we exist. We need to spend the majority of our time marketing our core pieces of content rather than creating tons of new content that is not marketed enough. When we spend more time marketing our best content, we can build brand awareness and authority through consistent and clear messages that are engaging and that lead to conversions.

Listen + subscribe on iTunes // Stitcher

Show Sponsor

 

Welcome To Your New Business Support System

A place where you get decision support, training, and community when you need it most.

Introducing the Boss Mom Vault Membership site.

This is the membership site that will help you build a stronger business, get more clients, and grow your brand.

Try it out for 7 days for just a $1
Then pay $97 a month with no commitment or risk.
www.boss-mom.com/vault

Connect With Us

We love hearing from you!

If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at hello@boss-mom.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community. 

We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.

  1. Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
  2. Tap the Search tab.
  3. Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
  4. Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
  5. Tap the album art for the podcast.
  6. Tap the Reviews tab.
  7. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
  8. Enter your iTunes password to login.
  9. Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
  10. Enter title text and content to leave a review.
  11. Tap Send.

Leave a Comment





This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly