Stop Giving All Your Money Back To Your Business with Annette Ferguson. In this episode of the Boss Mom Podcast, Annette gives advice on paying back to yourself, and being financially wise in your business.
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Annette’s reluctant move into entrepreneurship.
- Her Boss Mom story and how her husband is involved.
- Annette’s mission statement.
- Having a business budget where you pay yourself.
- How to invest in your business and your life.
- Handling expenses and using money wisely.
- Why having an accountant is important for your business.
- Annette’s course, Passion 2 Profits Academy, which teaches how to look at your business finances and establish financial intelligence.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- When you don’t have a plan for your business, you will miss things. – Dana
- There needs to be some financial give back to yourself, otherwise you are going to fall out of love with it. – Annette
- We all want to have a nice life, part of running a business is getting that. – Annette
- Be really honest with yourself about the money you are spending and question whether you need to spend that. – Annette
- You start to like numbers and accounting more when the numbers in your bank account are looking good. – Dana
- If you listen to this podcast and it’s scaring you, you need to either get the help you need or learn what you need to learn to keep your business running. – Dana
- If you know your finances, you know how to fix what needs to be fixed and have confidence in what you are doing right. – Dana
- Ever successful CEO has clarity of what their business finance numbers are. – Annette
- Do the things that make you profit first, then take care of your clients. – Annette
- Self-love is not just giving yourself a manicure, it’s also about paying yourself what you deserve. – Dana
More about our guest, Annette Ferguson.
Annette Ferguson is a profit professional, financial coach and Chartered Accountant for small business owners who are not taking home the money they need or want, who are putting their time, effort and energy into their business and seeing little or no financial reward and who are living off the financial scraps of their business.
Through her great blogs, top tips and webinars as well as her Passion 2 Profits Academy and 121 client work she shows you how to make your business profitable which means you can take more money home for you and your family to enjoy and shake up your approach to your businesses finances.
Her fans have been known to call her the “Money Mistress” and “Super Accountant by name, Super Accountant by nature.” And when she is not helping small business owners make more profit you can find her hanging out with her little boy and hubby, running and drinking tea but not all at the same time.
To find out more and for great profitability tips and tricks head over at her website.
Website / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
Connect with Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.