Episode 73: The Joy and Struggle of Engaging With Your Kids with Dana & NJ [Podcast]
The Joy and Struggle of Engaging With Your Kids. In this episode, Dana and NJ talk about branding, tips, ideas and great ways to engage and love on your kids. Plus, a goodie from our fun sponsor: Hooray Mail.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Dana and NJ share passions with their kids.
- The 80/20 rule with kids.
- Tools to handle mom guilt surrounding engagement.
- Dana and NJ share their favorite kids books.
- Great ways to entertain your kids.
- Dates and information about the Boss Mom Retreat – January 27-28, 2017. More information to come.
Hooray Mail is subscription snail mail delivered twice per month for kids ages 2-6. In each brightly colored envelope find a personalized card and a simple, fun activity!
An awesome exclusive for Boss Mom’s! Discount code: BOSSMOM – 30% Off!
A note from our sponsor: I’m Katie – proud wife of Mark and mama to Nina Lorraine and Mae Frances. Believer in living – and parenting – with intention and always eating something sweet after dinner. I love letterpress, Wisconsin cheese, and fresh flowers.
As a child, I LOVED getting snail mail – the joy, the fun… the hooray moment! I wanted to provide my two little girls the same fun experience in our digital world so I looked to see if there was a subscription-based service that would automatically send them fun mail. I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I decided to do something about it!
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- You have to find something that you’re passionate about, and something your kid is passionate about. You’re going to want to do that thing together. – Donnie Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block)
- If you take a coin to a restaurant, and do hand shadow puppets, you will entertain your kids for hours. – NJ
- The Boss Mom Retreat is like a mastermind, a dance party, and a retreat had a baby. – Dana
- Loving my kids is easy. It’s engaging with my kids that is tough. Not because I don’t know how to engage; it’s because I want my kids to be as smart and capable as they can be. – Dana
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.