[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Episode 50: Finding a Home and Identity in Blogging with Shari Medini. In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast Dana and Shari Medini talk about working with children at home, blogging and Shari’s Mom Blog Academy.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Shari started her blog and her Boss Mom journey.
- What the work schedule looks like for Shari with a little one at home.
- Shari finding her voice in blogging and how to specify who she writes to.
- Finding appreciation in a Facebook group or Mastermind group.
- Shari’s Mom Blog Academy.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- In a situation where there are multiple courses or material, the angle you’re coming from will be based on you. It’s unique to you. – Shari
- If you’re engaging in the community you have, the growth in that community will come. – Dana
- I knew I wanted to do something. It became clear to me along the way. I had to try several different things first. I encourage you to take on a side project because it could snowball, it will teach you what you enjoy and what you want to do. – Shari
- You can’t live for what you’ve created now, you have to look for the future of what you’re going to create. – Dana
- You think you’re living in your world and you think everyone understands what it is you do, and they don’t. Sometimes you need to teach them so they do understand. – Shari
- It’s not about reaching everyone, it’s about reaching your tribe. – Shari
- Projects grow because you allow people to help and support you. – Dana
- I love that my readers are growing in their parenting journey alongside of me and we’re able to support each other in that. – Shari
More about Shari Medini
Shari Medini lives in Lancaster, PA with her supportive husband & two busy, little boys. She blogs at MomShar, The Huffington Post, & various other places. Shari writes about parenting, blogging, & how the two combine. She loves being able to share support, advice, & information to help fellow moms enjoy the overall experience of motherhood.
If you are interested in The Mom Blog Academy provides which provides moms with the practical information they need to start a profitable blog.
Here’s what you’ll learn in Mom Blog Academy…
- How to uncover your niche, writing style, & target audience; & then use that knowledge effectively.
- How to set up & design your own professional-looking, yet affordable blog.
- How to write & publish effective blog posts, create great images, & utilize SEO.
- How to set up a consistent social media & newsletter presence with affordable & time-saving tools.
- How to monetize your site in a variety of ways – affiliate, sponsored posts, services, products.
- How to grow your reach & credibility by getting published on other sites & publications.
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / Periscope
Connect with Dana
Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.