What do you do when you have to work and have kids at home? In this episode Dana and NJ talk about how they work from home with their tiny humans around. This is a part 1 of another 2 part episode. Part 2 will be episode 49, where Dana and NJ will chat all about making child care work when you’re not able to do full time care. affiliate links present
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- A day in the life in NJ’s shoes and why she’s up at 4:30 am.
- Why NJ let’s her kids see her work versus working only when they’re not around.
- How to handle working from home when your child is a baby.
- How to handle working from home when your child is a toddler & preschooler.
- The power of writing a to do list the night before your business day.
- Why using voice to text is magical.
- How Dana and NJ moved their business forward while they had newborns at home.
- Why NJ only works from home at her desk.
- How and why Dana and NJ have conditioned their children to learn how to be independent while they’re working.
- Why Dana almost exclusively works with parents.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- You can have a little bit of time or a lot of time. You can be busy and not grow your business. If you want to grow, you have to be strategic with your time. – Dana
- When I had babies, I got a wrap and a stand up desk and made work happen. – Dana
- As moms and entrepreneurs, it is so important that we let to see our kids work. It gives them an opportunity to make a connection. – NJ
- My toddler knows when i’m working because I work at the same place all the time. My laptop stays at my desk… it doesn’t go anywhere else in the house. – NJ
- I’m working hard now to grow my business so that when my kids are school aged, I can shut down my work at 3:00 pm when they get home from school. – Dana
- I have really tight time boundaries because of the way motherhood (and having kids at home) is intersecting with business. And I’m okay with that.- NJ
Connect with Dana & NJ
Dana: Instagram / Periscope (her total happy place)
NJ : Website / Instagram (her total happy place)
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.