Episode 4: How to Build a Business That Makes the World Around You a Better Place with Dr. Richard Shuster
Every entrepreneur wants to build a legacy. What do you want to be remembered for? What can you do to grow your business right now? And how much time do you invest in the things that truly matter? On this episode, Dr. Richard Shuster shares his personal experience of raising his son and building a business around helping others and making this world a better place.
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Get involved in the local community (03:40:04-40)
Get involved in mentorship in your local area. You won’t know where you can help until you start a conversation about it. Many of us miss out on opportunities to get connected locally because we assume our help is not needed.
- Create a legacy that will make your children proud of you (15:08-16-08)
Entrepreneurship isn’t just about making more money and having more free time. It’s also about building a legacy your children will be proud of. Make sure your work focuses on bringing solutions to people’s problems and you’ll leave this world better than how you found it.
- Make time for the things that truly matter (16:50- 17:27)
Entrepreneurship doesn’t always equal freedom, especially at the beginning of your journey when you’re struggling to make a name for yourself. Throughout the process, make sure you don’t lose sight of the things that matter the most. Be there for your children when they need you. They won’t remember how much money you made, but they will remember the time and experiences you gave them.
Building a business can be about more than just you and your time. By finding solutions to common problems and educating others, you can make world a better place. When business owners get involved in the local community and with non-profit organizations, they build a positive reputation and lift others up in the process.
Dr. Richard Shuster is a dad of two and an entrepreneur focused on educating parents and teachers alike on how to help children reach their true potential.
He is the founder of The Daily Helping podcast and the creator of Every Kid Rock, a non-profit organization that will soon be launched and has as a purpose of helping schools with funds to dedicate to children who need extra care. You can win an hour of coaching with Dr. Richard Shuster by entering his monthly contest for free at https://www.thedailyhelping.com/contest/
- Strengthen your marriage — How can you juggle all the activities of a family and still find time for deep connection, love and intimacy?
- Master your emotions — How can you keep your cool, minimize anger and lead with confidence?
- Find balance — How can you succeed in business and at home?
- Attain optimal health — Raising kids takes massive energy, so what are the strategies for creating peak physical, emotional and spiritual health?
- Communicate effectively — How do you know when to listen and when to speak up and lead?
If you’re ready to level up your dad game, let’s get right to it: https://frontrowdads.com/start-here/
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.