Episode 379: Nurture Your Business: How Successful Businesses Really Operate
A lot of new entrepreneurs suffer with imposter syndrome: the thought that they don’t ‘deserve’ to be business owners. How can we stop thinking that way? What can we do to push those thoughts aside and start doing the work? On this episode, I share how you can change the way you think about yourself and your business.
In business, all that matters is that you have a good idea and you execute that idea well. Stop thinking that YOU have to be ‘worthy’ to be successful. –Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Imposter syndrome is a trap. Stop thinking you’re unworthy of having a seat at the table and just start doing the work.
- Don’t be discouraged if you’re not an immediate success story. All successful businesses have their fair share of problems.
- To operate your business, you need to have plans and strategies.
Stop telling yourself you’re not meant to be an entrepreneur. As long as you have a plan in place and great ideas, you’re on the right track. Start doing the work and stop caring what other people think. And remember, immediate success isn’t the only mark of a successful business. Don’t worry if you feel like you’re experiencing problems, as they’re just a part of progress.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.