Episode 375: Nurture Your Business: When & How to Build Your Team
When starting your journey as an entrepreneur, the thought of hiring a team can be daunting. How can you accommodate staff salaries into your budget? How do you know who to hire? Is there a strategic way to build a team? On this episode, I discuss how you can put together a team in the most effective way.
Just freeing up your time won’t make you successful. Using that time wisely will. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- If you’re going to hire someone and pay to free up time for yourself, make sure you use that saved time wisely
- Pay attention to the things you do every day that can be repeated easily. Then, hire people who can do that for you.
- Record the tasks you complete. You can use this as training when you hire a team.
If you’ve just started your own business, it’s normal to want to manage every detail. However, once you establish your routines, you no longer need to be involved in all aspects of your company. You should be a beacon, rather than a worker for your business. Hire strategically, and you’ll soon find yourself working much more effectively.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.