Episode 371: How to Decide What to Focus On In Your Business
The start of the new year gives boss moms the opportunity to refocus their business models— but what exactly does that mean? How can we begin to focus on our businesses in a world saturated with courses and advice coming from everyone with a social media following? In the first podcast of 2019, I narrow down three key areas that will help us hone in on the things that make our businesses great.
I want 2019 to be a great year for us, so let’s figure out what you’re going to focus on. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Look at what has worked for you thus far, and identify your gifts. Your gifts don’t need to be your passions, but the abilities that have helped you achieve success in the past.
- Find your set processes. The repetitive systems you use will ultimately allow you to scale your business and sell more without sacrificing your time.
- Acknowledge the work you do— and do not— enjoy. This, in turn, will help you identify the areas you should delegate to others and help you work smarter.
As online entrepreneurs, our goal is to create scalable businesses and courses that allow us to achieve sustained success without sacrificing more time. The only way to do this is to hone in on our gifts, establish systems, and delegate where necessary. 2019 is a new year with new opportunities. This doesn’t mean we need to look for entirely new solutions. Instead, we should focus on what’s been effective for us and refine the work we’ve already started.
Don’t miss the new webinar masterclass from Amy Porterfield!
How to Build, Launch and Grow a Thriving Digital Course Business Without Hiring a Big Team, the Constant Overwhelm or the Momentum Crushing Question, “What the Heck Do I Do Next?”
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.