Episode 37: Commitment, Follow Through, And Accountability with Dana & NJ [Podcast]
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes:
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The reason why we start and stop new projects.
- How to get past the fear of perfection and self sabotage and get stuff done.
- What to do when a season of push ends.
- The importance of margin and white space in our schedule.
- How Dana and NJ fight shiny object syndrome.
- How to move forward with an idea and when to let it go.
Recommended links and resources:
Can I quote you on that?
- Don’t get trapped comparing your beginning to someone else’s middle. NJ
- Done is better than perfect. If you wrap yourself up in the perfection of things, you’re never going to move forward. NJ
- We have seasons of push so we can have seasons of rest. NJ
- Yesterday, my kids were being adorable and I didn’t take them to school until 10:30 am. I’ve got that freedom because I’m building my business this way. – Dana
- When you say yes to something, you’re saying no to something else. And when you say no to that non ideal client or project, you are saying yes to margin for better things. – NJ
- Business is about people. The more you can surround yourself with community and invest in relationships, the more your business will thrive. – NJ
- When I start a new project, I take time to think of the effort I’m going to put into a new project vs the return I’m going to get back. – Dana
Connect with Dana & NJ
We would LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review on iTunes. We also know it can be kind of tricky to figure out. Here are a few step by step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
Tap the Search tab.
Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
Tap the album art for the podcast.
Tap the Reviews tab.
Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
Enter your iTunes password to login.
Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
Enter title text and content to leave a review.
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.