Episode 364: Nurture Your Business: 5 Questions to Ask Before You Make Any Big Commitment
When we’re trying to grow our businesses, it can feel like we need to invest in and buy #allthethings to get to that next level. Whether it’s coaching or a course, it can be hard to commit to just one thing. How can we make sure we’re investing only in what we need? What steps can we take to create decision confidence?
On this episode, I talk about the 5 questions we need to ask ourselves in order to get clarity on what we should be investing money, time and effort in.
If you ask these 5 questions, you’re going to have a more confident and easy time knowing what to invest in for your business so that you are investing in the right things. -Dana Malstaff
4 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Sometimes it’s the discomfort of putting money down on something that gets you to commit to its success.
- Invest in something only when it makes sense for your business.
- Think about your current resources and whether you are utilizing them to their fullest. The last thing you want to do is resource hop.
- Ask yourself: What emotional, financial and environmental factors would ensure the success of the commitment? On the other hand, what emotional, financial and environmental factors would stop it from succeeding?
In order to invest in something that will actually help our business, we have to have a clear goal of what we want that thing to achieve. We need to know where we’re most challenged in reaching that goal, and whether we’re really maximizing on current resources.
We also need to know the things that will fuel the success of this investment and the potential roadblocks we can plan to overcome. Remember, we also have to ask ourselves if we’re willing to get uncomfortable and commit to pushing ourselves to help our businesses succeed.
We create modern, ethical life insurance.
At Ethos, we’re building life insurance for people who don’t have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments, or hidden fees. Modern life is already complicated, but applying for life insurance doesn’t have to be. Go to bossmom.getethos.com to get a free quote and submit your application in just 10 minutes!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.