Episode 360: Nurture Your Business: The 3 Keys to Pitching Yourself for Podcasts
Appearing on podcasts is a great way to establish ourselves as experts and land more clients by reaching people in need of our help. How can we find a niche that’s right for us? What kind of podcasts should we pitch? What should a pitch look like?
In this episode, Matt Johnson shares how to find the right podcasts and write a pitch that gets noticed.
Everyone is pitchable for the right show. –Matt Johnson
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Being invited as a guest on a big podcast isn’t always as beneficial to our business as we would like. Because the audience is so wide, they all have different problems to solve.
- When we focus on podcasts that are very niche, everyone in the audience has a problem that we can solve. That’s where we get the traction we need.
- The best way make sure we actually get featured on a podcast is to find the right show. Finding the right niche makes it easier for us to come up with a story and have useful experiences to share on the podcast.
The process of discovering new podcasts and pitching takes time. This is why it’s so important for us to have someone do the pitching for us so we can spend our time on higher value activities. Another shortcut to successful pitching is using pitching templates that are proven to work.
Matt Johnson is a marketer, entrepreneur, musician, and podcast host/expert. As founder of Pursuing Results, a podcast PR & production agency based in San Diego, Matt runs a worldwide virtual team helping business coaches and agencies break in and dominate new markets through podcasting.
Matt currently hosts and co-hosts niche business shows such as The YouX Podcast and Real Estate Uncensored. He also speaks to experts and entrepreneurs on how to turn a rockstar business into a YouX Machine. As a featured podcast guest he speaks to audiences around the US, Canada, and Australia.
Gusto is the best payroll system for your small business. If you have contractors or employees, Gusto can help you with 1099 forms, payroll and much more! Find out why 60,000+ companies have chosen Gusto.
And yes, that Virtual Assistant, designer, project manager, and business coach all count when it comes to handing out 1099’s so don’t try to do it all yourself, let Gusto help.
Sign up today and start your FREE 3-month trial!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.