Episode 353: Nurture Your Business: 3 Authentic Ways to Create Scarcity
If an offer is always available, there’s no rush for our potential clients to buy, and they might forget about us altogether. How can we implement the notion of scarcity of time? Why is a countdown timer a must? What are the other two types of scarcity, and how can we combine them?
In this episode, I talk about why scarcity helps us sell more and how to implement it.
Scarcity brings you back on the priority list, back in focus, and makes people make decisions. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Taking advantage of the scarcity of time involves discounting offers or bonuses for a limited period.
- The #1 scarcity tactic is when we only make an offer to the first few people who buy our products and services.
- The scarcity of price strategy is usually paired with the scarcity of time. This tactic involves a discounted offer but only for a limited period of time or under certain conditions.
In order to encourage action, it’s important for people to see how much time they have left until an offer is no longer available. A countdown timer is a vital part of the offer because it increases people’s sense of urgency. If we use a timer, our audience can see when the offer expires, which makes it easier for them to prioritize.
Gusto is the best payroll system for your small business. If you have contractors or employees, Gusto can help you with 1099 forms, payroll and much more! Find out why 60,000+ companies have chosen Gusto. And yes, that Virtual Assistant, designer, project manager, and business coach all count when it comes to handing out 1099’s so don’t try to do it all yourself, let Gusto help. Sign up today and start your FREE 3-month trial!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.