Episode 345: Nurture Your Business: Do You Have Launch PTSD?
Have a failed launch in your past? It happens to the best of us, and it can make us dread the idea of launching a new product or service. How do we get to the point where we no longer need launches to generate income? What are the most common mistakes we make when we launch, and why should we avoid “soft” launches?
In this episode, I talk about why we fear launches so much and how we can build a business that doesn’t rely solely on launching new products or services to generate revenue.
If you have a nurture system, then you won’t be holding onto the launch. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- A successful company isn’t built on perpetual launches, but on constantly tweaking products and having a nurture system that consistently converts leads into buyers.
- Many businesses fail is because they forego investment in marketing, believing they have a product or service so good that the promotion is not necessary.
- The truth is people need to be persuaded before they buy. Even big companies like Apple have spent billions on their marketing efforts.
When we find something that works, it’s better to improve what we already have instead of always chasing something new. This way, we get even better at what we do. We can create businesses that don’t rely on stressful launches but on nurturing systems that convert leads into sales in the background.
Gusto is the best payroll system for your small business. If you have contractors or employees, Gusto can help you with 1099 forms, payroll and much more! Find out why 60,000+ companies have chosen Gusto.
And yes, that Virtual Assistant, designer, project manager, and business coach all count when it comes to handing out 1099’s so don’t try to do it all yourself, let Gusto help.
Sign up today and start your FREE 3-month trial!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.