Episode 343: Nurture Your Business: Do You Have a Business Routine?
We’re all aware that routines can make our personal lives easier, but what about business routines? Do you have a daily business routine that doesn’t focus on just mundane tasks but also on specific steps that lead to more sales? How is a routine like this built? How can we use it to measure whether our current actions are beneficial for our business? In this episode, I talk about why successful entrepreneurs have a business routine and how we can build one for ourselves.
It’s in the repetitive act of doing that we see success. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- After interviewing many successful people, I’ve found that the people who are most successful have a routine.
- A routine doesn’t always involve doing repetitive tasks.
- In the end, what makes a business successful is finding actions that attract clients and make more sales, then putting those actions on repeat.
Routines can help us measure success and productivity. When we focus on the same things over a prolonged period, it’s easier to find out what works, what doesn’t, and where we should make some tweaks. When we don’t have a routine in place, we can only guess what we’re doing wrong because our actions are inconsistent. It can also help our productivity, as we’re most likely to put in the work if we create a daily habit out of it.
Don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming free training “4 Secrets to a Business Routine That Brings in the Cash” at www.boss-mom.com/training
Gusto is the best payroll system for your small business. If you have contractors or employees, Gusto can help you with 1099 forms, payroll and much more! Find out why 60,000+ companies have chosen Gusto. And yes, that Virtual Assistant, designer, project manager, and business coach all count when it comes to handing out 1099’s so don’t try to do it all yourself, let Gusto help. Sign up today and start your FREE 3-month trial!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.