Episode 339: Nurture Your Business: Can You Support & Promote at the Same Time?
Promotion is a touchy subject for many of us. We don’t want to sound “salesy”, nor do we want to get rejected. Is it possible to be supportive while selling? How can we deliver more value and promote ourselves without sounding salesy? Is selling a skill that can be learned by anyone? In this episode, I talk about why it’s so important to accept rejection and focus on promoting our businesses to the people who find value in what we do.
Promotion and support always live together. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Every business owner has to be a salesperson, unless you plan to hire someone to do it for you. This aspect of building a business makes many people uncomfortable because we sometimes doubt ourselves and our abilities.
- You aren’t a snake oil salesman if you offer support and deliver on what you promised.
- Many moms have a hard time talking about their business. They don’t want to sound like they are promoting their products and services. The truth is, we all exchange money and services.
Part of being a salesperson is finding the right people, and understanding that not everyone can be helped. You also have to recognize that, like everything else, selling is a skill that can be learned. The more you know about it, the easier it is for you to communicate effectively, sound more genuine, and become better at supporting people throughout their journey.
- Create your very own workouts with our exercise catalog
- No need to think with Workout Plans to get Leaner, Fitter & Stronger
- Choose how much time YOU have to workout
- Select from over 75 pre-built workouts to find what motivates you
- Workouts for all experience levels
- Apps for all your devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, and web browser for laptop and desktop
Go to sworkit.com/bossmom to get 10% off a Sworkit membership!