Episode 335: Nurture Your Business: Stop Trying to Just Be Helpful and Start Being Impactful
We often feel compelled to help everyone who seems interested in learning more, but we may end up spending time on people who don’t plan to take action or can’t do so at the moment. Why is it important that we separate the people who can take action from those who only listen to our advice? In this episode, I talk about why it’s important for us to focus on being impactful instead of just being helpful and how it can make all the difference when it comes to being profitable.
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- As women, we are inclined to help and fix things, but some people are not in the mental state or position to take action based on what they learn from us.
- We might want to help everyone, but we have to make a distinction between the people who can take what we give them and put it into action versus those who won’t. This is the difference between helpful and impactful.
- We have to focus on the people who are in the right place. This is our audience: the people who will actually put everything into action and change their lives.
We need to start recognizing who we can really have an impact on. It’s hard to be productive and passionate about what you are doing when the people you are helping don’t see any results. It can lower our self-esteem and lead us to question our value.
Instead, we should focus on the people who we can make an impact on; the people who will get results by taking action.
Referenced in the Show
Want help figuring out your next steps in business? Schedule a free 15 minute Fitting Call Now! www.boss-mom.com/fitting (limited spots available)
Sworkit is on a mission to help EVERYONE find the workouts that are right for them regardless of their current fitness levels and previous excuses. What makes Sworkit special?
- Create your very own workouts with our exercise catalog
- No need to think with Workout Plans to get Leaner, Fitter & Stronger
- Choose how much time YOU have to workout
- Select from over 75 pre-built workouts to find what motivates you
- Workouts for all experience levels
- Apps for all your devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, and web browser for laptop and desktop
Go to sworkit.com/bossmom to get 10% off a Sworkit membership!