Episode 329: Nurture Your Business: How to Get Things Done in Your Business When You Don’t Have Time
The best way to shake off the feeling of being overwhelmed is to set realistic and measurable goals. By doing so, you only have to look at your to-do list and ask yourself, “Which of the tasks here help me achieve my goals?”. This will help you prioritize and declutter your work hours. This doesn’t mean the rest of the tasks can be ignored completely, but because they aren’t as important, you can afford the luxury of delaying them without feeling guilty.
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- When we feel we don’t have enough time, we struggle with organizing, prioritizing, and taking action.
- The solution is not making your to-do list smaller, but instead knowing what’s urgent and important right now.
- We rarely have the time or the resources to do everything we want, so we have to pick the one thing that keeps our business afloat.
- When setting a goal, make sure it’s both realistic and measurable. Don’t put yourself down if it takes longer than expected.
Everything on your to-do list may seem important, but narrowing it down and setting a goal will give you a direction. Anything on your list that brings you closer to your goal becomes a priority. What are some daily tasks you can do to reach your goals?
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.