Episode 315: Nurture Your Business: How to Leverage the Power of Mind Maps for Your Business
Mind maps are a great way to brainstorm, and they serve as a great starting point for getting ideas out of your head. Why are mind maps so freeing? Why is it so important to understand how your brain works and comes up with ideas?
On this episode, I talk about why mind maps are my favorite way of planning to execute on an idea.
If it’s not uncomfortable when you’re mind mapping, you’re just making a list. -Dana Malstaff
3 Things We Learned From This Episode
- Mind mapping is great way to brainstorm without worrying about structure. Sometimes structure holds us back, as our ideas don’t always come in the order we want to execute.
- A mind map is never wrong. Every piece of it, whether you keep it, cross it off, or move it, is part of the journey of allowing your brain to unravel the beauty inside it.
- You can’t access the parts of your brain with the good stuff without getting uncomfortable.
- If it’s not worth mapping and doesn’t fit into the strategy of your business, consider whether it’s really worth it to your business.
Our brains are wonderful and unique instruments. When we learn how they function and how ideas unfold in them, the better we get at fleshing out our ideas and then executing on them. It’s not about having the most perfect and organized mind map– it’s about letting our minds roam free to get an idea out of our heads and onto paper. Expect discomfort, because that’s how we reach the highest form of creation and creativity.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.