Episode 31: Your Ideal Client and The Graceful Way To Let Go Of The Ones Who Aren’t [Podcast]
All about your ideal client. In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast Dana and NJ chat about the idea of an ideal client, how to find yours, and why we shouldn’t be married to the ideal of an ideal client. Let’s dive right in!
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to discover your ideal client.
- How to find your ideal client.
- Why we adore the sales tactic of Ask, Listen, Provide.
- How Dana and NJ met.
- Why we need to find ideal clients who know what we’re worth.
- How to gracefully let go of a client who isn’t your ideal client.
- Why success sometimes feels scary.
Recommended links and resources:
- Podcast Episode 29: Plant, Nurture, Grow, Pollinate
- All Up In Your Lady Business podcast episode with Dana
- NJ’s blog A Cookie Before Dinner
- Chasing Dreams & Chasing LIttles Incubator
- Boss Mom Facebook Group
- Savvy Business Owner’s Facebook Group
- Elizabeth Gilbert Ted Talk About Success
Can I quote you on that?
- If you’re marketing to people who don’t love you as much as you love them, it’s time to break up. – Dana
- Find your sweet spot- what you’re passionate has to intersect with what you’re good at and what you need. – Dana
- If you can solve the problems of your ideal client, you’re magical to them. – NJ
- Facebook groups are the one place where social media feels social. – NJ
- Instagram and Twitter are a great place to initiate conversation and a Facebook group is a great place to take the connection further. – Dana
- I had to stop talking about me and I had to start talking about we. I’m not running a business, I’m running a movement. – Dana
- I’m not selling to you for the sake of selling to you. I’m sharing this with you because I believe that together we can do better. NJ
- If you’re not working with your ideal client, it can be messy and painful. – Dana
- The first step in letting go of someone who isn’t your ideal client is you letting go and recognizing that you have to move on. – Dana
- Your time is valuable and what you’re putting out to the world is valuable. You need to make sure you’re living in the spot where what you’re passionate about, what you’re good at, and what people need. -Dana
- When you say no to something, think about the things your saying yes to. – NJ
- Your ideal client will celebrate your gift and share it with the world. And they’ll help you see what it is. And it is a beautiful, glorious cycle. – Dana
Connect with Dana & NJ
We love hearing from you guys! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can always find both of us hanging out in our Boss Mom Facebook Community.
Lola’s Easter Bonnet, as promised.