Episode 286: How to Grow Your Business by Building Your Team with Maria Dismondy
Something I often get questions about is how to grow your team the right way at the right time in order to grow and scale your business.
After the last Boss Mom Retreat I received a message from my good friend and author Maria Dismondy who shared that following the retreat, she hired several new team members that she’d met while attending, and was already experiencing growth as a result.
So, to explore this idea of refining and growing your business by building your team I invited Maria on today’s episode to share her insights and experience, which I think you’ll find massively helpful.
In This Episode You'll Hear
- How prioritizing connection can help you find the right people to build your team and grow your business
- Why identifying and acknowledging your weaknesses is the first step to finding people to fill those gaps in your business
- How to make decisions about when and who to hire
- The importance of understanding your margin
- Why you should share your business objectives with your team to promote unity and productivity
Referenced in the Show
- The Fruit Salad Friend
- Episode 180: How to Be the Author of Your Own Story with Maria Dismondy
- Cardinal Rule Press
- The Boss Mom Vault
- The Boss Mom Retreat
- The Boss Moms Community
- Liz Thompson
- Layne Booth
- Amy Lockrin
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Do Over by Jon Acuff
(Just FYI, some of these links may be affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive some love in return!)
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.