Episode 280: How to Clarify the Purpose & Vision Behind Your Business with Kelsey Van Kirk
Well hello there, and happy new year from all of us here at Boss Mom Headquarters!
To kick off the new year we’ve decided to put together an epic 6-week series all about how to grow and scale your business through tweaking and refining so you can really feel like your making the changes that will create the biggest impact with the smallest amount of effort.
In today’s episode I am talking with the lovely Kelsey Van Kirk all about how to clarify the “why” behind your business so you can move forward with focus in 2018.
Kelsey is a writer, thinker, entrepreneur, and creator of Simply, Life on Purpose, where she helps women learn to find freedom, joy and fulfillment by simplifying their lives + creating space for what matters most.
In addition to leading her own business, movement and podcast, she also serves as the Director of Content right here at Boss Mom!
Kelsey and her husband Andrew live in Charlotte, NC with their four little girls, and spend their days chasing their entrepreneurial dreams together and having endless living room dance parties.
In This Episode You'll Hear
- How knowing your “why” will help you stay focused and motivated in your business
- How the power of outside perspective and insight can help you clarify your direction and focus
- Kelsey’s #1 tip to get re-centered and re-focused in your business when you veer off track
- Why the process of uncovering your purpose and vision for your business is a marathon, not a sprint
- Why you need to give yourself permission to change your business vision and purpose if that’s what will serve best
- Why you should practice cultivating a relationship with your business purpose (we promise it’s not creepy like it sounds)
- How learning to honor yourself can help you clarify what you want in your business
- 5 simple questions to help you clarify your business purpose and vision
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.