Episode 276: The Power of Parenting with Purpose with Samantha Munoz
We are all parents just trying to do our best to raise great kids, right? Well what if I told you that you could do just that by being a little more intentional about the books you are choosing to read with your kids?
In this episode I’m joined by my amazing friend Samantha Munoz, who is a mother, wife, engineer, bibliophile, avid coffee drinker, and also the expert kid’s lit curator at Addison Reads, author of The Intentional Bookshelf and founder of The Intentional Book Club.
Sam’s mission is to help parents as they search for the perfect books for their little ones and to help moms and dads build a library with purpose as they endeavor to parent with purpose.
In This Episode You'll Hear
- Samantha’s journey through being a military wife and becoming a Boss Mom
- The vision and mission behind the intentional book shelf
- Samantha’s tips for parenting with purpose and choosing children’s literature mindfully
- How to uncover your parenting values and choose books that align
The Intentional Book Club is an awesome online membership space that helps families make reading time meaningful and encourages them to do more with the books on their bookshelf.
As a member each month you’ll receive unique, curated book recommendations based on your preferences and needs, that align with the monthly theme.
You’ll also gain access to a community of like-minded families, special features like tracking, challenges and book reviews, and you’ll receive special members-only content and discounts.
What are you waiting for? Start connecting as a family through literature today.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.