Episode 27: Life Recipes for the Everyday Mom with Lindsay Ambrose
Lindsay Ambrose is making everyday moments more meaningful as a woman, wife, and mother of three young children. She writes life recipes for being present, choosing love and finding more meaning in the moments that make up every day.
By making small positive changes in her life—including character, health, home, relationships, parenting and spirit—her outlook and mood positively changed. This positivity spread to her family. She sees parenting as an opportunity to evolve and grow as a person. She has learned to accept and appreciate more, making everyday moments with her children more joyful and meaningful.
In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast, Dana and Lindsay talk about the power of the morning, why self care is so important, and why Lindsay loves making life recipes. Let’s dive right in.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode with Lindsay Ambrose you’ll hear:
- Lindsay’s journey to becoming a Boss Mom and how her husband played a role in getting started.
- Living in a house full of littles and why self-care is so important.
- Why Dana loves the middle of the night feeding sessions.
- Why we need to skip the idea of perfection and just share.
- How Lindsay deals with overwhelm.
Recommended links and resources:
- Dana’s podcast with Jen Mann
- Boss Mom podcast When Saying No Means Yes
- Lifebook Workshop
- Miracle Morning by Hal Erod.
- Trello. Check out Dana’s free Trello Training!
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Conscious Parent by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Carry On Warrior by Glennon Mellon
Can I quote you on that?
- I don’t know where things are going to lead, but I’m okay with that because I know I’m making a contribution to the world. – Lindsay
- I can be the best for my kids if I’m being the best for myself. – Lindsay
- My biggest challenge has been following my heart as it leads me to write. – Lindsay
- It is up to me to create the career for myself. – Lindsay
- The things that make you a little afraid always help you grow. – Lindsay
- The morning is my time to think about where I’m at, where I want to be, and to get my day in check. – Lindsay
- You can’t get business unless you ask for it. – Dana
Connect with Lindsay Ambrose:
If you’re looking for daily tips and recipes for how to be more present, choose love in difficult moments, parent consciously and live intentionally connect with her blog
Connect with Dana: