Episode 27: Life Recipes for the Everyday Mom with Lindsay Ambrose
Lindsay Ambrose is making everyday moments more meaningful as a woman, wife, and mother of three young children. She writes life recipes for being present, choosing love and finding more meaning in the moments that make up every day.
By making small positive changes in her life—including character, health, home, relationships, parenting and spirit—her outlook and mood positively changed. This positivity spread to her family. She sees parenting as an opportunity to evolve and grow as a person. She has learned to accept and appreciate more, making everyday moments with her children more joyful and meaningful.
In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast, Dana and Lindsay talk about the power of the morning, why self care is so important, and why Lindsay loves making life recipes. Let’s dive right in.
Listen to the podcast:
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode with Lindsay Ambrose you’ll hear:
- Lindsay’s journey to becoming a Boss Mom and how her husband played a role in getting started.
- Living in a house full of littles and why self-care is so important.
- Why Dana loves the middle of the night feeding sessions.
- Why we need to skip the idea of perfection and just share.
- How Lindsay deals with overwhelm.
Recommended links and resources:
- Dana’s podcast with Jen Mann
- Boss Mom podcast When Saying No Means Yes
- Lifebook Workshop
- Miracle Morning by Hal Erod.
- Trello. Check out Dana’s free Trello Training!
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Conscious Parent by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Carry On Warrior by Glennon Mellon
Can I quote you on that?
- I don’t know where things are going to lead, but I’m okay with that because I know I’m making a contribution to the world. – Lindsay
- I can be the best for my kids if I’m being the best for myself. – Lindsay
- My biggest challenge has been following my heart as it leads me to write. – Lindsay
- It is up to me to create the career for myself. – Lindsay
- The things that make you a little afraid always help you grow. – Lindsay
- The morning is my time to think about where I’m at, where I want to be, and to get my day in check. – Lindsay
- You can’t get business unless you ask for it. – Dana
Connect with Lindsay Ambrose:
If you’re looking for daily tips and recipes for how to be more present, choose love in difficult moments, parent consciously and live intentionally connect with her blog
Connect with Dana:
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.