Networking has often gotten a bad rep in the world of business for being slimy or disingenuous, and for all you introverts out there, likely makes you want to jump out of your skin.
But in today’s episode NJ and I are diving into a discussion about the new world of networking, why networking can be a powerful propeller for your business, and how to approach it strategically so you can effectively grow your business.
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- The old definition of networking and how we are changing the definition
- Strategies for networking and building connections both online and offline
- Why you should be prioritizing making connections with people both at your level and above
- How to establish boundaries so you aren’t over-networking
- How to develop a plan of attack so you can be effective in networking and leveraging your connections
Referenced in the Show:
- Boss Mom Retreat
- Confessions of a Boss Mom book
- Mommies Hiring Mommies
- Bonnie Kelly
- Christina Nicholson, Media Maven
- Autumn Boyd
- Pat Flynn, Smart Passive Income
- Dana’s Choir Dress (I’m the one to the right of the instructor!)
Sponsor Spotlight: Boss Mom Retreat
This epic event taking place October 15-16th in Charlotte, NC is specifically for all Boss Moms (or Future Boss Moms!) looking to raise and nurture their businesses and families at the same time.
Just imagine a mastermind, a spa day and a dance party all had a baby and that would be this event…trust me, it’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
The Boss Mom Retreat isn’t a conference, but is actually a place for you to connect and engage with other amazing Boss Moms while working ON your business and moving it forward.
Whether you have a product or service based business, or you have local or online clients, this retreat will help you gain clarity and confidence in your business….not to mention make friends, find clients and have a total blast!
Connect with Dana & NJ
- Dana: Instagram / Boss Mom Facebook Community (her total happy place)
- NJ : Website / Instagram (her total happy place)
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.