As a business owner (and a human being in general) it’s natural to desire to be respected. But it’s important that we are mindful of how we’re garnering the respect we receive.
I recently heard the question, “do you demand respect or command respect” and I just love it. the two words seem pretty similar, but there are some distinct differences that I’m going to walk through in this episode today.
I’m so passionate about this topic because learning it, understanding it and embracing it will make us all better business owners, better leaders, and better people in general. It’s a win-win for everybody, and who doesn’t love that?!
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- The definition of “demand” and “command” and what makes them different in terms of leadership
- Why we need to learn to command respect if we want to be effective leaders
- Specific changes we can make in our approach to life, business and leadership that can help us transition from demanding respect to commanding respect
Referenced in the Show:
- Episode 232: The New World of Influencer Marketing with Dana Malstaff
- NEW Course: The Boss Mom Companion: How to Find Your Community (free!)
- NEW Course: How to Start Your Own Facebook Group (on pre-sale for $47 until Aug 1st!)
Connect with Dana
Sponsor Spotlight: Boss Mom Retreat
This epic event taking place October 15-16th in Charlotte, NC is specifically for all Boss Moms (or Future Boss Moms!) looking to raise and nurture their businesses and families at the same time.
Just imagine a mastermind, a spa day and a dance party all had a baby and that would be this event…trust me, it’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
The Boss Mom Retreat isn’t a conference, but is actually a place for you to connect and engage with other amazing Boss Moms while working ON your business and moving it forward.
Whether you have a product or service based business, or you have local or online clients, this retreat will help you gain clarity and confidence in your business….not to mention make friends, find clients and have a total blast!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.