Episode 23: Chasing Dreams and Chasing Littles with Jaclyn Mellone
Jaclyn Mellone is the mama behind the Chasing Dreams and Littles Incubator, a monthly membership for mama business owners to grow their dream business that allows them to work less and live more!
One unique part about Jaclyn’s story is that she built a thriving community and business all from Instagram. She is now the go-to-gal for helping online business owners build an engaged community and Instagram sales funnel.
Her motto is, the juggle is real! Through her Facebook group, insanely interactive Instagram, and tight-knit Incubator, and one to one consulting, she’s here to help, share, inspire, laugh, cry, and shake up your approach to juggling family, home and business.
In this episode of the Boss Mom podcast Dana chats with Jaclyn about her Boss Mom journey and how her parents job’s influenced her decisions. Let’s dive right in.
Subscribe to the Boss Mom podcast in iTunes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Jaclyn’s Boss Mom journey from working in the corporate world to working from her dad to working.
- How Jaclyn’s college friends inspired her business Chasing Dreams and Chasing Littles.
- Why Jaclyn changed her business name very early on.
- Why Jaclyn obsessively listened to business podcasts for six months before she even had an idea for her business.
- How Jaclyn grew her community and found her tribe.
- All about Instagram including hashtags and community building
- 5 easy ways write Twitter updates based on one piece of content.
- How Jaclyn uses other Facebook groups to promote her own Facebook group. Hint… don’t be spammy.
- Why Jaclyn doesn’t use her opt in as a requirement to join her Facebook group.
- How Jaclyn deals with overwhelm.
- How Jaclyn found a mentor from attending a webinar.
- The three tools you need when you are starting a business.
- Ashley Beaudin of Fire & Wind Co.
- Chasing Dreams and Chasing Littles Facebook group
- All Up in Your Lady Business Podcast
- Screw the 9 to 5
- Reina Pomeroy
Can I quote you on that?
- I knew I wanted to have an entrepreneurial lifestyle when I did become a parent, so before I even got pregnant I left the corporate world. – Jaclyn
- I left because I wanted flexibility- I didn’t want to have to worry about counting sick days. – Jaclyn
- My mom was home with us and I loved that. I always pictured being able to do the same with my kids. – Jaclyn
- I struggled with wanting to chase an entrepreneurial dream like my dad was and wanting to be home for my kids like my mom was. Today, I get to have both. – Jaclyn
- I like to wear heels with my pajamas. I’m a Boss Mom and I can do that. – Dana
- I was terrible at hashtags on Instagram, until you told me I needed to use them. – Dana
- Everything comes back to this one simple thing, what does your ideal follower want from you? Why would they want to follow you? -Jaclyn
- If you hate a social media platform, then don’t even worry about it. – Jaclyn
- Instagram is a great place to meet people, but I love Facebook groups for deepening relationships. – Jaclyn
- I leveraged my Facebook group by talking about it on Instagram. – Jaclyn
- If you design something for your ideal client, they’re going to want to join in on it. – Jaclyn
- Just because someone is in your Facebook group doesn’t mean that they’re going to be the ideal client for your list. – Jaclyn
- There are two things to do when you’re overwhelmed. Push through it and make it happen, or prioritize and give yourself grace. – Jaclyn
- Since starting my business, I’ve flipped my mentality of learning. Now, I’m learning what I need as I need it, instead of learning about something just in case I need it. – Jaclyn
- Sitting in a mastermind hot seat a live event really helped me hone in on my business plan. – Jaclyn
Connect with Jaclyn:
Instagram consulting: Jaclyn Mellone
Connect with Dana:
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.