As many of you know, I’m currently in the thralls of getting certified in an appreciative inquiry program through L.E.A.F and it’s all about owning and leveraging your strengths, in life and business.
It focuses on the idea that when we leverage our strengths together that they outweigh the weaknesses in our systems, personalities and what we put out into the world.
Instead of measuring where we are weak, what if we started measuring where we are strong and focusing more of our attention there?
Well, my guest on the podcast this week cares an awful lot about your strengths and I’m so pumped to share this episode with you.
Alissa Daire Nelson is an accomplished speaker, author, podcaster and Certified Strengths Strategy Coach, but more than anything else she’s an exceedingly proud wife and mother of two, who loves helping others discover how to make their businesses and relationships thrive in harmony.
Let’s stop measuring where we are weak, and instead measure where we are strong. That’s how we should be seeing our capabilities and our opportunities, not from where we’re failing and what we need to fix, but from how to do more of what we’re doing well and excelling at.
No matter who you are or where you’re at in your business, this episode will be relevant to you and it might just shift the way you think about yourself, your business and the place you’re at in the world, in a way that could be more beneficial and productive for you.
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- The importance of owning who you are and being yourself
- Why focusing on our weaknesses over our strengths often leads to failure instead of growth and improvement
- How understanding your weaknesses can help you give yourself grace and redirect your focus
- The #1 thing you should look for when hiring a coach (for any area of your life!)
Referenced in the Show:
- Valerie Friedlander
- From Frazzled to Frickin’ Awesome: 4 Steps to Achieve the Success You’re Wired For
- New Media Summit
- Make Me Care Podcast
Connect with Dana & Alissa
- Dana: Instagram / Boss Mom Facebook Community (her total happy place)
- Alissa : Website / Facebook /Twitter / LinkedIn
Sponsor Spotlight: Boss Mom Retreat
This epic event taking place October 15-16th in Charlotte, NC is specifically for all Boss Moms (or Future Boss Moms!) looking to raise and nurture their businesses and families at the same time.
Just imagine a mastermind, a spa day and a dance party all had a baby and that would be this event…trust me, it’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
The Boss Mom Retreat isn’t a conference, but is actually a place for you to connect and engage with other amazing Boss Moms while working ON your business and moving it forward.
Whether you have a product or service based business, or you have local or online clients, this retreat will help you gain clarity and confidence in your business….not to mention make friends, find clients and have a total blast!
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.