For many of us Boss Moms, figuring out how to get work done while our kids are at home is a daily reality (and no easy feat!)
In this episode NJ and I are discussing strategies and tips for actually being productive and getting things done while the kids are home for a sick day, a snow day, a summer, or all the time.
In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- Personal examples of what kind of work NJ and I have learned we can and can’t do when the kids are home
- Why it’s important to know when your “time of genius” is and how to maximize your ability to get work done then
- Creative ways to integrate your kids into the work you’re doing
- Why frustration and guilt make it harder to get things done
- Practical tips to help you set yourself up for success instead of frustration
- How to understand and follow both your kids’ cues and level of development or ability
- How to set standards and condition your kids to respect your work time
Referenced in the Show:
- Jeanne-Marie Paynel, Voila Montessori
- Kendra Hennessy, Mother Like a Boss
- Kelsey Van Kirk, Simply Life on Purpose
Connect with Dana
- Dana: Instagram / Boss Mom Facebook Community (her total happy place)
- NJ : Website / Instagram (her total happy place)
Sponsor Spotlight: Skillshare
Recently I launched a brand new course on Skillshare all about productivity.
If you’re not familiar with Skillshare, it’s a subscription based course platform that gives you access to hundreds of amazing courses from people like Simon Sinek, Seth Godin…and ME! Oh, and it’s only $15 a month (whaaat?!)
The best part is, I get to give you 2 months FREE, which means you’ll get access not only to this course, but six of my other courses FOR. FREE.
It’s only 47 minutes long, but super jam packed with ways to be more productive in your life and business, so be sure to hop on over and grab it now.
We love hearing from you!
If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can always find Dana hanging out in her happy place, the Boss Mom Facebook Community.
We would also LOVE it if you’d leave a podcast rating or review for us on iTunes! We know it can be kind of tricky to figure out, so here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Tap the Search tab.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
- Tap the album art for the podcast.
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Enter title text and content to leave a review.
- Tap Send.